Getting Started with mIRC
It usually only takes a few minutes to get started with mIRC. The following guide will take you through the first few steps of downloading, using mIRC, and connecting to IRC.Islam-Chat.Org.
- Before you can start using mIRC, you will need to download and install it. If you have already done that, you can skip this step.You can download mIRC by clicking here. A download window should appear, similar to the one below. You should click the Run or Open button.
Once the download has completed, the mIRC installer will appear. You should follow the steps in the installer and install mIRC.
- Run mIRC by double-clicking on the mIRC icon on your desktop or in your Windows Start menu. You should then see the Connect window below which you can use to connect to IRC. Click on the Servers in the Left Side Menu. And then click on the Add button.
- Fill the information as described per below image, and then click on the Add button.
- Now Select Islam-Chat.Org server found in the Servers list and click OK.
- Go back to the Connect window. You will need to enter something for your Full Name and Email Address. These do not have to be your realfull name and email address.You will then have to choose your Nickname and Alternative nickname. These are the names by which other people will know you on IRC.You can then click the Connect button and mIRC will connect to Islam-Chat.Org server.
- Once you have connected to a server, your mIRC Favoriteswindow will pop up. This window stores a list of your favorite channels and allows you to join them quickly and easily.You can type in the name of a channel, such as #Islam_Chat, or you can select a channel from the list. You can then click the Join button and mIRC will join your chosen channel. (You can add your Favorites channel as well).
PS: If you want to join a channel and you don’t want to use the Favorites window, you can type in the text bar, /join #ChatroomName
- Congratulations! You have just connected to Islam-Chat.Org IRC network.